Sutton and Collegian take KBA awards

Asbury senior Allie Sutton took first place in three categories of the 2022 Kentucky Broadcasters Association Impact Awards and the Asbury Collegian took second in the annual state competition. The winners were announced April 21. Sutton and the Collegian competed against colleges and universities throughout the commonwealth, including the University of Kentucky.

Sutton won all three categories in which she was entered – Best News Story, Best Feature Story and Best Television News Reporter. Sutton is the first Asbury student to win a KBA award.

“Asbury’s media and journalism departments are special for so many reasons,” Sutton said. “I am so proud to have been a part of them for the past four years.”

The Asbury Collegian took second place for best news website.

“Allie and our team at the Collegian have worked so hard in the four years I’ve been here,” Collegian faculty advisor Rich Manieri said. “These awards are not an accident. They are a testimony to some very dedicated and committed journalists.” 

All of Sutton’s stories were done on Asbury’s campus. Her winning feature was a video story on the science department’s hologram. Her news story was a video piece on suicide awareness. She beat out students from UK and Western Kentucky University to win the overall award for best news reporter.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to our mailing list

Zeen Subscribe
A customizable subscription slide-in box to promote your newsletter
[mc4wp_form id="314"]