Fall fun in the Bluegrass

There is nothing that compares to the beauty of fall in the Bluegrass. The seas of orange, red and yellow surround you wherever you go, the temperatures dropping cool enough to break out your favorite sweaters and the pumpkin spice flavor has returned. 

Here is a list of must-sees in and around Lexington for this fall season.

1. Bundle up and take a hike at Red River Gorge to see the beautiful trees as they continue to change from green to yellow, orange and red. Before embarking on this extravagant hike, map out exactly where the path is to avoid any confusion and risk of getting lost.
  2. Eckert’s Orchard is next, with pumpkin patches, haunted hayrides, corn mazes, and fun activities for all ages. Before leaving, one must get their famous apple cider donuts for an authentic taste of fall.
  3. For lovers of haunted houses, check out the Wicked World Scaregrounds. With multiple different haunted attractions and games, this event will be one to get the adrenaline moving.
  4. If the Kentucky Castle has yet to be checked off the bucket list, now is the time to go. According to local legend, this gorgeous castle is haunted. Don’t believe it? Go check it out for yourself if you dare.

This is just a list of four of the many events going on in and around Lexington. Continue to enjoy the breathtaking colors of autumn and the pumpkin spice lattes because fall fun is just beginning.