AU Blood Drive

Asbury will hold its next blood drive on Oct. 2. Free t-shirts will be available for all those who give with a quote on the back saying “It’s me, hi. I’m the hero, it’s me.” The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. in the Shaw CLC Auditorium. 

Usually considered a charitable event, blood drives involve voluntary procedures that save lives and help hospitals’ needs. The donations are used for blood transfusions, which are a common practice in every medical institution in America. They are vastly important to the community and to those battling serious illnesses, such as cancer. There is a constant need for all blood types. Many benefits to giving blood include a reduction of stress, a reduction of iron in the body and improvement to a person’s emotional wellbeing. 

Kentucky Blood Center also has an app that gives a multitude of information about the donation process and checks a person’s eligibility. Any donations given will be used in the Kentucky area. 

If you are giving blood, it is required that you bring a photo ID and register beforehand. In order to register, a person needs to sign up for a time at kybloodcenter.org and anyone who preregisters will be entered to win one of six amazon gift cards. It is recommended to eat a good meal and drink lots of water before giving. 

All of the Asbury community is encouraged to participate. The goal for the event is 50 pints of blood.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to our mailing list

Zeen Subscribe
A customizable subscription slide-in box to promote your newsletter
[mc4wp_form id="314"]