photo by Brittany Worthen

Freshman Class Cabinet elections begin at Asbury

Starting in September, the freshman class, the Renewed Class of 2028, will have the opportunity to create its own class cabinet. Open positions for this include president, vice president, Student Intercultural Program representative, activities director, treasurer, publicist and chaplain.

The first four mentioned will go through voting by the Renewed Class while the last three will go through an interview process with the class sponsors. Those chosen will act as representatives of the class for the rest of the year and will plan a wide variety of student activities, including the Freshman Formal. 

Interested students are required to collect 25 signatures from students of the Renewed Class. After that, there will be a rally for all freshmen to come and listen to speeches prepared by the candidates. Voting will take place in the week following. 

When asked about her previous year being a representative, Beloved Class President Allie Pickerill says, “This experience has been one of the highlights of my college experience. I’ve gotten to meet some of my closest friends and a lot of people in my class.” She also emphasized how it is an opportunity to love on people throughout Asbury’s campus and a good way to make an impact on your class.

The experience is seen to be a positive one and gives the incoming freshman a space to come out of their shell. Pickerill also says to those who are nervous, “My advice is if you want to do it, say yes! It won’t hurt to try something new, and the worst thing that can happen is you won’t win. And that’s okay, because we learn from our failures.” 

If you’re curious about more information, freshmen can contact their class sponsors, Don Mink or Larry and Christi Boss at their Asbury emails.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe to our mailing list

Zeen Subscribe
A customizable subscription slide-in box to promote your newsletter
[mc4wp_form id="314"]