Kentucky’s teacher hall of fame nominations

Kentucky’s Teacher Hall of Fame has recently announced that they are now accepting applications and recommendations for the class of 2024. 

A recent article by Kentucky Teacher explains that the Teacher Hall of Fame was established in 2000 through donations from former Gov. Louie B. Gunn. These nominations aim to recognize and honor teachers across the state of Kentucky who have made meaningful and influential “contributions to the teaching profession and students they serve,” wrote the staff at the Kentucky Teacher. Last year’s inductees included Jesse Brown, Helen Russell, Kimberlea Embry and Donna Smith. Brown is now a retired teacher who was employed at Glasgow Independent Schools for 30 years; he continues to substitute for his district. The late Russell was a teacher of 44 years of education in Barren County. Embry is currently a teacher at Butler County High School, and has been for over 32 years. The late Smith was a math teacher for her Allen County, Scottsville High School for 30 years. 

In the following days, ranging until Aug. 2024, nominations are expected to be received and assessed. Once applications are evaluated, a winner will be chosen. This decision is expected to be made toward the end of 2024. Following the decision, the ceremony for the winning individual is also scheduled to take place toward the closing of 2024. 
If students are interested and willing to participate in nominations, Kentucky Teacher encourages participants to visit their website and fill out the given form to enter a teacher who has influenced them in their lifetime. Kentucky’s Teacher Hall of Fame is open to preschool through 12th- grade teachers. Nominations will be due Aug. 15, 2024. To see additional details and recommend a teacher through an online form, visit the Kentucky Teacher Hall of Fame website.